1. WE PROMISE TO FLOSS TWICE A YEAR, NEEDED OR NOT.
2. WE PROMISE TO PAY OUR BILLS THIS YEAR WITH CASH INSTEAD OF CREDIT.
3. WE PROMISE, NOT TO PROMISE TO START ANOTHER FAD DIET.
4. WE PROMISE TO QUIT EXERCISING AS IT MAKES US TOO TIRED.
5. WE PROMISE TO EAT MORE CHOCOLATE AS IT’S OUR FAVORITE FOOD GROUP.
6. WE PROMISE TO READ LESS IT TAKES UP OUR SPARE TIME.
7. WE PROMISE TO DRINK MORE SODA AND LESS MILK THE FLAVOR IS BETTER.
8. WE PROMISE TO BECOME PROFESSIONAL PROCRASTINATORS, AS WE NEED MORE TIME.
9. WE PROMISE TO DRIVE WITH OUR EYES OPEN.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST,
10. WE PROMISE TO WEAR CLEAN UNDERWEAR, “JUST IN CASE”.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS WITH US.
Continue reading “JERSEY & NEEDLES NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS”
Did you know….
-Laughter can reduce stress hormones
-Laughter boosts your immune system
-Laughter lowers your blood pressure
-Laughter can exercise certain muscles (diaphragm, abdominal, facial, neck, back, and leg.
Looking for a quick way to “work out”? Laugh! Did you know that laughing 100 times is equivalent to 15 minutes on an exercise bike or 10 minutes on a rowing machine? Amazing isn’t it?
Well Jersey -n-Needles have come up with some amusing ways to reduce your stress during the holidays or any other time during the year. (Some you may not want to try at home):
Jam 39 tiny marshmallows up your nose and try to sneeze them out.
When someone says, “have a nice day”, tell them you have other plans.
Pop some popcorn without putting the lid on.
Pay your electric bill in pennies.
Forget the diet center and send yourself a candy gram.
Bill your doctor for Continue reading “Our Guide to Reducing Holiday Stress”
This Holiday SeasonвЂ¦
It is important for us to remember to take care of ourselves this holiday season. So many times we put all of our thoughts and energy into taking care of othersвЂ™ needs and we run ourselves down. It is important to take care of others, but we should also keep our own health in mind. We want to feel healthy, energetic, and great about the way we look.
Here are a few suggestions for taking care of our appearance this season:
1. Remember to use a moisturizer to keep skin soft and supple. The extremes in temperature will really dry skin out. (I believe that oil free moisturizers are best.)
2. Continue to use a sunscreen in winter. The harmful effects of the sun do not disappear just because itвЂ™s cold outside. Consider moisturizers with an SPF already included. (This will take care of suggestions one and two in one easy step.)
Whe Continue reading “Holiday Beauty Tips”
We can save your life, calculate life saving drugs in seconds, but are having a difficult time answering the following medical questions. Can any one help us????
1. Can a person with no ears still wear glasses?
2. Do bald people get dandruff?
3. How young can you die of old age?
4. Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?
5. If a schizophrenic threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?
6. Do coffins have life time guarantees?
7. Why do doctors leave the room when you get undresses? Aren’t they going to see you naked anyway?
8. Why don’t the hairs on your arms get split ends?
9. If you had your legs amputated, should the discharge instructions include: having you go to the dmv to have your height and weight changed?
10. (Medications) if there is no difference, why is there more then one name and the prices are different? Ie. Tylenol–acetaminophen Continue reading “Jersey – N- Needles writes again”
ManвЂ™s best friend may be you hearts best friend. Yes that was a dog you saw going down the hospital hallway.
Scientist carefully monitored heart patientвЂ™s response to visits from a volunteer alone, a volunteer with a therapeutic dog and to no visits. Patients visited by a volunteer alone had a 10% drop in their anxiety level, those visited by a volunteer and a dog had a 24% decline in their anxiety level according to a standard rating scale. Doctors are experimenting with pets staying with patients. All the patients in the tests are asked to participate and are selected only if they arenвЂ™t afraid of animals and want to join the program.
вЂњThe novel study, presented Tuesday at an American Heart Association meeting, is one of the first to use scientific measurements to document that therapeutic dogs lower anxiety, stress and heart and lung pr Continue reading “Dog Therapy”
I gave this test to two of my nursing friends (see picture below) They actually are great ICU nurses. I would rather not mention what hospital in case you ever need their care.
Read the test questions and find their answers below.
1. Which is the other side of the street?
2. If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy all her friends?
3. When we say our mind wanders – where does it go?
4. What’s the synonym for thesaurus?
5. When dog food is new and improved tasting, who tests it?
6. What was the best thing before sliced bread?
7. What happens to an 18 hour bra after 18 hours?
8. Are you dead if you fail a survival test?
9. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
10. What hair color do they put on the driver’s license of a bald man?
11. What do they call a French kiss in France?
12. If work is so terrific, how Continue reading “Laugh Therapy”