“Boycott Stores for the Holidays!
There is an anti-Christian bias in this country, and it is more on display at Christmas season than any other time.” вЂ“ Bill O’Reilly, The O’Reilly Factor, Fox News Channel вЂ“ (Speaking about the decision of Target and other stores to ban the use of “Merry Christmas” in their stores and advertising.) American Family Association
We understand that Target has also banned the Salvation ArmyвЂ™s Kettles from the front of their stores. Now we hear they have banned the use of вЂњMerry ChristmasвЂќ from their advertising in papers and TV as well as their greetings within the stores.
I recently heard this news so I passed it along to my friends and family.
After all these stores have the audacity to stock their stores with every Christmas item imaginable. Yet, they cannot even acknowledge the fact it is Christmas?
What Holida Continue reading “Celebrate the Birth of Christ with a Boycott”
This Holiday SeasonвЂ¦
It is important for us to remember to take care of ourselves this holiday season. So many times we put all of our thoughts and energy into taking care of othersвЂ™ needs and we run ourselves down. It is important to take care of others, but we should also keep our own health in mind. We want to feel healthy, energetic, and great about the way we look.
Here are a few suggestions for taking care of our appearance this season:
1. Remember to use a moisturizer to keep skin soft and supple. The extremes in temperature will really dry skin out. (I believe that oil free moisturizers are best.)
2. Continue to use a sunscreen in winter. The harmful effects of the sun do not disappear just because itвЂ™s cold outside. Consider moisturizers with an SPF already included. (This will take care of suggestions one and two in one easy step.)
Whe Continue reading “Holiday Beauty Tips”
We can save your life, calculate life saving drugs in seconds, but are having a difficult time answering the following medical questions. Can any one help us????
1. Can a person with no ears still wear glasses?
2. Do bald people get dandruff?
3. How young can you die of old age?
4. Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?
5. If a schizophrenic threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?
6. Do coffins have life time guarantees?
7. Why do doctors leave the room when you get undresses? Aren’t they going to see you naked anyway?
8. Why don’t the hairs on your arms get split ends?
9. If you had your legs amputated, should the discharge instructions include: having you go to the dmv to have your height and weight changed?
10. (Medications) if there is no difference, why is there more then one name and the prices are different? Ie. Tylenol–acetaminophen Continue reading “Jersey – N- Needles writes again”
ManвЂ™s best friend may be you hearts best friend. Yes that was a dog you saw going down the hospital hallway.
Scientist carefully monitored heart patientвЂ™s response to visits from a volunteer alone, a volunteer with a therapeutic dog and to no visits. Patients visited by a volunteer alone had a 10% drop in their anxiety level, those visited by a volunteer and a dog had a 24% decline in their anxiety level according to a standard rating scale. Doctors are experimenting with pets staying with patients. All the patients in the tests are asked to participate and are selected only if they arenвЂ™t afraid of animals and want to join the program.
вЂњThe novel study, presented Tuesday at an American Heart Association meeting, is one of the first to use scientific measurements to document that therapeutic dogs lower anxiety, stress and heart and lung pr Continue reading “Dog Therapy”
As I read this Q&A today By Dr. Billy Graham for part of my daily devotion I thought this goes right along with our (GN’S) Part I Passivity and Part II Obedience
“Why is it so hard to be a Christian and do what’s right?” Read Billy GrahamвЂ™s answer
One reason is because you and I are part of a much larger spiritual battle — a cosmic battle between God and the devil. The Bible warns, “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against … the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:12).
Never forget: Satan is absolutely opposed to God, and his single goal is to stop God’s work — including His work in our lives. When we come to Christ, we change sides (as it were), moving our citizenship from Satan’s kingdom to God’s Kingdom. Now our goal is to follow Christ and become more like Him.
But this doesn’t mean Satan is going to leave us alone! Continue reading “Taken from: Q&A’s for Billy Graham”
See Part I
I am once again on (GN) my coined phrase for Generational Negatives. If you recall Part I talked about Passivity. Now Obedience! Not being Passive!
I have heard and seen so many issues recently relating to GN and seemly with The Seasonal Holidays at hand so are the GNвЂ™s.
Maybe GNвЂ™s are for the holidays. Where do they hide out on all the other days? What makes them pop like flies on these special family days?
Is GN within us? Therefore, when a GN force from another brings pressure to bear on our GN a hurricane effect hits and we, others and sometimes our families become a mess.
Who is your mother? Who are your brothers? When Jesus was told His mother and brothers were waiting outside to see Him in (Luke 8:19-21), He replied, вЂњMy mother and My brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it.вЂќ
I just love Continue reading “GENERATIONAL NEGATIVES (GN) Obedience Part II”