My son is in the fifth grade. He is on the Bible Quiz Team at his
school. They travel to different schools that host the competition.
Schools from all over come to these competitions to test their
knowledge of God’s Word. Last competition, Noah Quizzed Out. This means
he answered six questions in a row correctly. The answer is not
correct if it has one word out of place. A Quiz Out gives your school
extra points. The grade levels include pre-K to 6th grade. There is a
separate 7th-12th level. The older grade levels take one book of the
Bible and are quizzed on it. There are two ways they may answer
questions. When the students are asked a question they may interrupt
the question by hitting the buzzer and completing the question word
for word and then answering the question correctly.
The interrupted questions are worth more points if question and answers are correct.
The other way is to wait for the question to be asked then hit the
buzzer. The students must wait to be called on before they answer.
There are many Quotation Questions, that have to be answered word for
word according to NIV Bible. The rules are very strict and the meets
are very long. Noah has a meet on Saturday at home. Everyone is very
excited because they haven’t hosted a meet in a long time. Since
Needles gave us such a difficult test, I thought I would see if we are
smarter than a fifth grader, by asking a few of Noah’s questions that
he has been studying. Different questions are worth different points.
(10 points, 20 points, and 30 points) Test your knowledge and answer
as many questions as you can. If you need to use your Bible that’s
1. What is the shortest chapter in the Bible? 10 points
2. Who was Melchizedek? 10 points
3. On what mountain did God give Moses the Ten Commandments? 10 points
4. What was the sin of Ananias and Sapphira ? 10 points
5. What is sanctification ? 10 points
There are 288 -10 point, close to 300- 20 point questions and about
300- 30 point questions in Noah’s study book.
6. QUOTATION QUESTION: How long will he Bible last ? 20 points (must
state book verse and quote verse )
7. Who are the three Persons of the Trinity ? 20 points
8. What do we mean when we say that God is omniscient? 20 points
9. Is it a sin to be tempted? 20 points
10. Why can’t evil powers control a Christian? 20 points
30 point questions:
11. What five books of the Bible are called the “Pentateuch” ?
12. What are the thirteen epistles written by Paul?
13. What three persons did Jesus raise from the dead?
14. Jesus’ parables in Luke chapter 15 deal with what the three lost things?
15. What three figures of speech do the Bible writers use to describe
the Church ?
These are just a few of the questions that may be asked at the Bible
Quiz on Saturday. Please join me in praying for Noah and the rest of
the students as they learn and share God’s Word.
19 thoughts on “Are you smarter than….”
2. King of Salem, priest of the God Most High ( I had to look up)
3. Mount Sinai ( I had to look up)
5. cleanse, consecrate, purify, holy ( I had to look up)
7. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
8. all knowing?
10. because we have the Holy Spirit
13. I know Lazarus was one of them. ( I guess I would need to look the other two up too)
Oh, I would have to look straight into the camera and say, “I may be a nurse, mother, wife, and friend, but I am NOT smarter than a fifth grader!”
I’m thinking that “Jesus wept” is the shortest verse in the Bible, but I don’t know the shortest chapter in the Bible. CF, I’m thinking this test is much harder than mine???
I need Noah’s help!!!!!!!
ok CF. i Tried to take this test and wrote my answers down BEFORE I scrolled down to REPLY.
1) Ps. 17
2) Christophany, high priest
5)holiness& set apart to God
6) don’t know chap & verse
7)Father, Son, Holy Spirit
8) Knows ALll
10) Greater us He who is in me
11) Genesis, exodus, deutoronomy, numbers,Leviticus
12) Romans, 1 Cor, 2Cor. Gal. Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thess 2Thess. 1Timothy,2Timothy, Jude, Titus (and some say Hebrews).
13) Widow of Nain’s Son, Lazarus, little girl whose hand HE took and said Little Girl Get up.
14) coin, sheep, wayward son
15) Body of Christ, Bride of Christ, Sheepfold??
Did I get the ones right that Needles missed?
1) What is the shortest chapter in the Bible? Psalm 117
11) Genesis, Exodus,Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
12) Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians,Colossians , 1 Thessalonians ,2 Thessalonians ,1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philem
14) lost coin, lost sheep, lost son
15) Bride of Christ, Body, Building
How much time are we given per question? Tell Noah to be sure and let us know how his school does on Saturday.
I will say a prayer for Noah and his school God bless him and them “Study to show thyself approved, a workman unto God…”(2Tim 2:15)
(Uh-oh I forgot Philemon. And Jude was NOT Paul….)
Chickenfarmer, I do join with your prayers for Noah and the rest of the students involved in such a great competition about God’s word on Saturday.
Good thing we could look up the answers…
1. Philemon 2. Jesus, High priest forever 3. Sinai 4. lying 5. holiness; set a part for God 6. Forever; Luke 21:33 7. Father, Son, Holy Spirit 8. all knowing 9. no 10. they can’t IF we are appropriating the whole armor of God 11. ? 12. Romans, I, II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, I, II Thessalonians, I, II Timothy 13. Lazurus, Jairus’s daughter, widow’s son in Luke 7 14. lost coin, lost son, lost sheep 15. New Jerusalem, Body of Christ, Mount Zion (city of God)
Mrs. Tammy it’s okay that you didn’t get them all of the questions right. I don’t know all the answers either. I’ve been studying. I really don’t know all the 30 point questions. That is for the advanced team. We are tested on 10 and 20 point questions. Mr. Gary, you did get a few answers right that Mrs. Tammy missed. Mrs. Sara, we have 5 seconds to hit the buzzer and 30 seconds to answer the quesions. Here are the answers to the questions using my study guide written from the NIV Bible.
2.Priest of God and King of Salem – Genesis 14:18
3.Mt. Sinai -Exodus 19:1,2
4.They lied to the Holy Spirit- Acts 5:3
5.Sanctification is being separated from sin and set apart to serve God.
1 Corinthians 1:2; 6:11; 1Thessalonians 4:3
6.Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
7. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit – Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:38; 2 Corinthians 13:14
8.God is all-wise and all-knowing
9.No, it is sin only when we yield to temptation. – James 1:12-15
10.Because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.-1 John 4:4
11.Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
12.Romans, 1 & 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon
13.Jairus’ daughter – Mark 5:35-43; A widow’s son – Luke 7:12-15; Lazarus – John 11:43,44
14. A lost sheep, A lost coin, A lost son – Luke 15:4,8,24
15. A body, A building, A bride – Ephesians 2:16,21;5:25-27
Thank you for praying for me and the other students. I sure hope I get a Quiz Out on Saturday. Love, Noah
Noah, not me! I checked in with your Mom today to see how many she got right? I think she is smarter than a 5th grader….
I am glad Noah is helping his mom, ChickenFarmer, with her Bible studies! Keep drilling her, Noah, and she will become a Bible scholar, like her dad and her mom and her son…NOAH!!
Noah I am so proud of you. May you continue to grow in the knowledge and understanding of the Word of God. Standing up for God knowledge! May the Lord continue to sharpen the minds of you and your classmates. May you as a team step from one victory to another. Congratulations in advance!
Noah, After looking over your study questions, I know that I am not smarter than a fifth grader. I am so proud of you. I am praying for knowledge and wisdom for you as you challenge yourself with this competition.I love you, Noah.May God Bless you.
Luke, I am also proud of you. You are working so hard.Luke I also pray for knowledge and wisdom of God’s word for you. God’s Word is truth and it won’t fail. I Love you, Luke. May God Bless you. ( Luke has also been studying God’s Word. He has a 100 for his 3rd week progress note) Way to go Luke. Keep up the good work!!
Luke made 100 on Bible on the 3 week progress note.
Congratulations Luke and Noah! When we hear about your good grades we know that you both are ones that want to know God. And, you want God to know you! You are in the class of the Apostle Paul. St. Paul said, there was not anything more important to him that knowing God. (Philippines 3:10)
And, John 17:39…Jesus says, ‘eternal life is knowing God.” God longs for us to love Him, serve Him and do good so others will want to know Him also.
Now I understand that you don’t need me to write and say the scriptures above as you already know them. But, it helps all of us to encourage one another by saying, writing and sharing with one another. Thanks for sharing and allowing us to share so others can know God! God’s best to all!
Congratulations to Luke!! Wow, what great students these two fellows, (Noah & Luke) are! When your family sits in the ‘city gates’ you will have brought honor not only to our GOD, the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, JESUS CHRIST, but you bring honor to your godly family. GOOD JOY, guys!!
Noah’s team won a round last Saturday. Noah almost got a quiz out. He got 5 questions correct in a row and on the sixth one he missed it by one word. Everyone had a great time, showing off their knowledge about God’s Word. They have one more meet in March. Thank you for all the prayers.
YAY!!! Noah’s Team!!! And all the wonderful little disciples of the Lord who are diligently meditating on the Scriptures to get them deep into their little hearts. “Allow the little children to come unto ME and forbid them not” God bless the little children like Noah, Luke and their Bible classmates who prioritize knowing the Word of God at the top of their list of life’s goals. Good job and congratulations to them and their parents who care enough to wholeheartedly support the young ones in their quest for knowing God.