My son is in the fifth grade. He is on the Bible Quiz Team at his
school. They travel to different schools that host the competition.
Schools from all over come to these competitions to test their
knowledge of God’s Word. Last competition, Noah Quizzed Out. This means
he answered six questions in a row correctly. The answer is not
correct if it has one word out of place. A Quiz Out gives your school
extra points. The grade levels include pre-K to 6th grade. There is a
separate 7th-12th level. The older grade levels take one book of the
Bible and are quizzed on it. There are two ways they may answer
questions. When the students are asked a question they may interrupt
the question by hitting the buzzer and completing the question word
for word and then answering the question correctly.
The interrupted questions are worth more points if question and answers are correct.
The other way is to wait for the question to be asked then hit the
buzzer. The students must wait to be called on before they answer.
There are many Quotation Questions, that have to be answered word for
word according to NIV Bible. The rules are very strict and the meets
are very long. Noah has a meet on Saturday at home. Everyone is very
excited because they haven’t hosted a meet in a long time. Since
Needles gave us such a difficult test, I thought I would see if we are
smarter than a fifth grader, by asking a few of Noah’s questions that
he has been studying. Different questions are worth different points.
(10 points, 20 points, and 30 points) Test your knowledge and answer
as many questions as you can. If you need to use your Bible that’s
1. What is the shortest chapter in the Bible? 10 points
2. Who was Melchizedek? 10 points
3. On what mountain did God give Moses the Ten Commandments? 10 points
4. What was the sin of Ananias and Sapphira ? 10 points
5. What is sanctification ? 10 points
There are 288 -10 point, close to 300- 20 point questions and about
300- 30 point questions in Noah’s study book.
6. QUOTATION QUESTION: How long will he Bible last ? 20 points (must
state book verse and quote verse )
7. Who are the three Persons of the Trinity ? 20 points
8. What do we mean when we say that God is omniscient? 20 points
9. Is it a sin to be tempted? 20 points
10. Why can’t evil powers control a Christian? 20 points
30 point questions:
11. What five books of the Bible are called the “Pentateuch” ?
12. What are the thirteen epistles written by Paul?
13. What three persons did Jesus raise from the dead?
14. Jesus’ parables in Luke chapter 15 deal with what the three lost things?
15. What three figures of speech do the Bible writers use to describe
the Church ?
These are just a few of the questions that may be asked at the Bible
Quiz on Saturday. Please join me in praying for Noah and the rest of
the students as they learn and share God’s Word.