Bible quiz!! Test your knowledge of the old testament. See how many you can answer, without looking it up in the Bible.
Who said the following statements???
1. “God has granted me another son in place of Abel, whom Cain killed.”
2. “We have the fire and the wood, but where is the sheep for the burnt offering?”
3. “You will live away from the richness of the earth, and away from the dew of the heaven above. You will live by your sword, and you will serve your brother. But when you decide to break free, you will shake his yoke from your neck.”
4. “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back, wherever you go, I will go, wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Wherever you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord punish me severely if I allow anything but death to separate us.”
5. “O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, if you will look upon my sorrow and answer my prayer and give me a son, then I will give him back to you. He will be yours for his entire lifetime, and as a sign that he has been dedicated to the Lord, his hair will never be cut.”
6. “I am going where everyone on earth must someday go. Take courage and be a man. Observe the requirements of the Lord you God, and follow all his ways. Keep the decrees, commands, regulations, and laws written in the law of Moses so that you will be successful in all you do and wherever you go.”
7. ” Go and gather together all the Jews of Susa and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will do the same. And then, though it is against the law, I will go in to see the king. If I must die, I must die.”
8. “God alone understands the way to wisdom; he knows where it can be found, for he looks throughout the whole earth and sees everything under the heavens. He decided how hard the winds should blow and how much rain should fall. He made the laws for the rain and laid out a path for the lightning. Then he saw wisdom and evaluated it. He set it in place and examined it thoroughly. And this is what he says to all humanity: ‘The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.’ ”
9. “Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you.”
10. “Throw me into the sea and it will become calm again. I know that this terrible storm is all my fault.”
Stay tuned, for the correct answers!!!!!!!
31 thoughts on “Bible Quiz”
1. Eve, 2. Isaac, 3. Isaac, 4. Ruth, 5. Hannah, 6. Joshua, 7 .Esther, 8. Solomon
9. David, 10. Jonah
How did I do?
Good job, Gary, but not all are correct.
Great challenge Needles…sure gets the thinking cap going!
5. Samson’s mother
Thank you teacher for giving me a make-up exam. Would 8 be Job and not Solomon? And, I did not check it out. O, and I have been digging snow for days and have had no rest and/or time to study. But, I want 100!
By the way maybe KJV would have made it easier. I am trying to win a coconut cake for Sara.
I felt the impulse to semi-cheat. Since I discussed what I wanted to answer with Gary I will disqualify myself from the race. Hum, not fun to disqualify.
Looking at the questions and not the answers,
1.EVE 2)i saac 3)GOD 4)RUTH 5)HANNAH 6)MOSES
7)ESTHER 8)JOB 9)DAVID 10) JONAH
OK OK…I can’t stand the conviction. I confess…when I was scrolling up to see a question I did see “EVE” on Debi’s answers, inadvertantly but I did see it…so I confess and withdraw. Thanks Sara, for being truthful. You’re right. Disqualification is not much fun but better be disqualified on a test & confess than be disqualified with the Holy Spirit.
Thanks Needles. Great fun blog.
Oh, this is so much fun!! Keep the answers coming.
1. Eve 2. Isaac 3. ? 4. ? 5. Hannah 6. ? 7. Ester 8.? 9. David 10. Jonah
I didn’t cheat that is why I failed. I have a bad grade but a clear conscious. Yes, I will be able to sleep tonight after I study.
Good try, CF! One never gets F for trying. But, cheating? Go over and read comment about you http://www.thedailylily.org/?p=1322 on Word Study-Sagacious. Might call for more studying?
CF, you are to be commended for your efforts and forthrightness. Fortunately, for me, after I confessed to the Lord and the Lilies, about seeing another’s answer. He forgave me as He promises in 1 John1:9, which says, (THANKFULLY),”If we freely admit that we have sinned and CONFESS OUR SINS, He is faithful and just and true to His own nature & promises and will FORGIVE OUR SINS, DISMISS OUR LAWLESSNESS and continually cleanse us from ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS and everything not in conformity to His will in His purpose, thought and actions.
Thank God for His wonderful grace and mercy!!
He is our Valentine
Number 3 may just be Easu. Why? Because I think he asked his father for just one thing or one blessing….
I thought you disqualified yourself?
You have to stay in for recess!! HEEHEE
You are right Sara. I do need to study and study and study. Everynight before I go to sleep, I ask myself what can I do to be a better Christian, Wife, Mother, daughter, friend, ect…. I have lots of work to do and the work is hard. It takes focus and disciple and other things my flesh hates. Everyday is a battle of good vs evil, flesh vs spirit. Everynight I bandage my wounds from the fight and pray the Lord will heal me and help me to overcome and persevere. Shweeeee got lots of work to do.
MG, you are such a beautiful woman of God who I truly admire. You have taught me so much through your wisdom of God’s word. I think it’s awesome how you quickly confessed what you saw on Debi’s paper. It takes a strong Godly woman to be able to confess. I think it is a beautiful thing when we are forgiven for our sins. What an awesome renewal of our day when our confessions have made us clean. Thank you for role modeling for Jesus. I have to confess as well. I too saw an answer. I had already written down my answers on a sheet of paper. I knew I had to walk a straight line because the teacher, Needles, was looking over my shoulder. Seeing another answer tempted me to change some of my ? to a name. I had to fight my flesh with all my strength and reveal to the world of the little knowledge that I have on the Old Testament. This test has wore me out!!!!
Needles, I did disqualify myself. Sorry. But, I did keep thinking about the question for my own spiritual growth and run and put up what I thought might be an answer. Please forgive me for butting in the class when I was disqualified.
Am I going to get in trouble if I ask if I got it right? Easu, Jacob’s twin?
No, it’s Esau!
Sara, I think you are wrong Easu must be a cousin. I think it is spelled
E S A W!!!!!!!
Thanks, CF for the vote of confidence. i have to admit the Holy Spirit convicted me and I followed the example of my pastor, Sara, who had the courage to declare herself disqualified.
So I patiently acquiesce to our facilitator NEEDLES and await the truth.
Sorry Needles thought I could handle reading everyones and then give my answers. Number 6 really stumped me. Then I realized I just didn’t have the answers and surely after reading everyones I was like kids who looks on someone else paper – E S A W saw me EYE S A W ing the answers. After reading Beth Moore’s book, I thought I’d better not answer. I do know a few children’s WHO’s WHO in the Bible. Now if you tell me that these are children’s questions I’m really in trouble.
Oh, no forget my answer I am really disqualified. Easu or Esau neither right anyone.
Debi, who is Samson’s mother?
Now, that all the quizzes are on my desk. Here are the answers:
1. Eve (Genesis 4: 25)
2. Isaac (Genesis 22: 7)
3. Isaac (Genesis 27: 39-40)
4. Ruth ( Ruth 1: 16)
5. Hannah ( I Samuel 1:11)
6. David ( I Kings 2: 2-3)
7. Esther (Esther 4:15)
8. Job (Job 28: 23-28)
9. David ( Psalm 51: 10-12)
10. Jonah ( Jonah 1:12)
I had a good time looking these scriptures up, in my Bible, and making out this test. I have to confess that I would have probably made the worst grade, in the class. I must say that Gary had the highest grade, he is the valedictorian!!
When can I come in out of the cold?
That’s not fair! Gary is a Professorial teacher of the Word. No wonder he is valedictorian! Hummph.
Ok. ok…..Congratulations, Gary!
I don’t know chickenfarmer, I couldn’t remember Samson’s mother’s name.
Samson’s mother, in the Bible is described as the wife of Manoah, his Father.
Now, I would say Samson’s mother is named, Mom.
Debi, did you mean, Samson or Samuel? I am not very good at this but I am trying to get out of trouble with the teacher. But, when I try and help, I get yelled at. Plus my answers and spelling are all wrong to her way of thinking.
But, maybe Samuel had a Mother’s name. Hum, not sure about Samson. But, he must of had a Mother.
Why are you out in the cold? I told you….you had to stay IN for recess.
Sara, I meant Samson because when I read Needles scripture and took the quiz I thought the answer may be referring to him because it said his hair would never be cut. I found out my guess was wrong…that the answer was Hannah and the son being referred to was Samuel. I see from Gary’s answer that Samson’s mother’s name is not given.
Needles maybe you can give Sara some extra credit for helping another student make sure she got her answers straight.
Oh, my gracious Teacher Needles, I have been sitting out in the cold snow for hours thinking you meant for me to stay outside in the cold. It is so cold outside that no students wanting to go out for recess so I thought since they wanted to stay in I had to go out.
Thanks for getting me in. Now, send them out! I hope I don’t get more demerits for mixing up inside/outside!!!!