“You have multiplied, O LORD my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.”
(Psalm 40:5, ESV)
When and what we proclaim should bring results. Some questions to ask ourselves:
1) To whom am I proclaiming? That would be who is my audience?
2) What is my goal? Do I even know when I speak or is it just ‘fly by the seat of the pants’?
3) Do I believe what I am proclaiming? Faith or just a point of view?
4) Why am I proclaiming? The Multiplication Table?
5) Can I support my proclamations with information to give it credibility? Where did I get my info?
6) Can others see in me the beauty of my lip service? Do I have a life story that shows the results?
7) Do I give action points in my proclaiming? Reminding ourselves actions of all kind bring results of some kind?
8) Does it encourage myself and others? Or was it not even worth remembering?
9) What would be the stumbling blocks for myself and others that hear but don’t act on my proclamations? Do I even know or did I even bother to evaluate before I opened my trap?
And, the BIG TEN, what would be the rewards from our proclaiming? Did it cause God to multiple His wondrous deeds and His thoughts to us and our life journey, goals and shed brilliant light for others?