This Holiday SeasonвЂ¦
It is important for us to remember to take care of ourselves this holiday season. So many times we put all of our thoughts and energy into taking care of othersвЂ™ needs and we run ourselves down. It is important to take care of others, but we should also keep our own health in mind. We want to feel healthy, energetic, and great about the way we look.
Here are a few suggestions for taking care of our appearance this season:
1. Remember to use a moisturizer to keep skin soft and supple. The extremes in temperature will really dry skin out. (I believe that oil free moisturizers are best.)
2. Continue to use a sunscreen in winter. The harmful effects of the sun do not disappear just because itвЂ™s cold outside. Consider moisturizers with an SPF already included. (This will take care of suggestions one and two in one easy step.)
When choosing color cosmetics for the holidays:
1. Remember that skin tone is probably somewhat lighter than it was mid-summer. Unless the summer was spent indoors, we most likely need to invest in a lighter shade foundation.
2. Along with the new foundation, choose some new color products. Deeper colors are more appropriate for fall and winter. Remember that there will be lots of holiday gatherings to вЂњglamвЂќ for, so donвЂ™t be afraid to step out of the вЂњcolor comfort zoneвЂќ and make some bold color choices.
If you need some one-on-one suggestions, donвЂ™t hesitate to contact me by phone or email.
(703) 203-6962 or StacieA@marykay.com
You can also visit my website for great holiday color ideas or to experience a virtual makeover.